Thursday, October 11, 2012

'Lovin' your smile' with Basic Grey

Hi there,
It's Tina here.
I thought I'd share one of my latest layouts using some of the gorgeous products available from Scrapbook Divas.

First up a little tutorial to show you how to make fringed flowers.
Cut a strip of patterned paper (1 inch x 12 inch is ideal). The wider your strip of paper the larger your flower will be.  Cut small snips all along the length, I used shredding scissors, but do not cut all the way through.

 Roll  the paper with a quilling tool or tweezers.  Glue onto a small circle of paper, and allow to dry.
 Flatten the fringed pieces outwards, and embellish the centre as required.  You can even join two different strips together to create a two-toned flower.
And here's my layout...
 Notice how the doiley pattern flows across both different papers?  Pretty cool hey? I used "Fine China" and "Hibiscua Tea" from the Basic Grey Cottage Tea collection.

 I used Basic Grey Cottage Tea Alpha Stickers for my title.

I'm going to show you a little trick to make squaring up frames easier....
Apply your double sided tape with a long strip along each side of your frame.  
 Only expose a small amount of the adhesive on each corner.   Do NOT pull all the backing tape off.
 You will now be able to easily maneuver the frame without it sticking too much.  When you are happy with its position, press the adhesive in the corner, then slowly pull your "tab" to expose the remainder of the D/S tape.  Press down to ensure good adhesion.
Thanks for looking,  I'll be back tomorrow with another layout for you.

0 comments: